The Institute for Cybersecurity and Resilient Infrastructure Studies (ICARIS) is a joint research collaboration between Georgia Tech and the U.S. Department of Energy’s Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. The mission of ICARIS is to deliver the technologies, test beds, and talent necessary to secure the nation’s critical infrastructure.
- ICARIS serves to support national efforts to strengthen and maintain a secure, functioning, and resilient critical infrastructure.
- The institute will guide technology development roadmaps for critical infrastructure sectors, directly supporting national strategies such as the White House’s Industrial Control Systems Cybersecurity Initiative.
This institute combines PNNL’s strengths in advanced computing and data science, grid controls, secure architectures, and critical infrastructure security with Georgia Tech’s strengths in cybersecurity for embedded systems, distributed energy systems, and workforce development.
- Perform translational R&D that moves innovative concepts towards implementation into operational environments;
- Develop the future critical infrastructure workforce; and
- Provide advice and solutions to communities, states, federal agencies, and businesses.